Saint Petersburg Climate & Temperature
- Saint Petersburg, Russia is at 59°58'N, 30°18'E, 6 m (20 ft). See map.
- Saint Petersburg has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Saint Petersburg is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 5 degrees Celsius (40.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.5 °C (45.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -4°C (24.8°F) on average falling to -9.7°C (14.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 7.3°C (45.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -1.3°C (29.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20.3°C (68.6°F) and average low temperatures are 12.7°C (54.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 7.7°C (45.8°F) during the day and lows of 3°C (37.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 632.7 mm (24.9 inches) which is equivalent to 632.7 Litres/m² (15.52 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1563 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Saint Petersburg you would come out nearest to the climate station at Byrd, Antarctica where you would find a Ice Cap climate.
Saint Petersburg Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Saint Petersburg Climate Graph in Metric Units
Saint Petersburg Climograph in English Units
Climate of Saint Petersburg, Russia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Saint Petersburg, Russia
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kuopio, Finland - 354.5 kms (220.3 miles) NNW
- Joensuu, Finland - 302.3 kms (187.9 miles) N
- Jyvskyl, Finland - 366.5 kms (227.7 miles) NW
- Tampere, Finland - 392.3 kms (243.8 miles) WNW
- Lappeenranta, Finland - 166.5 kms (103.5 miles) NW
- Jokioinen, Finland - 385.2 kms (239.3 miles) WNW
- Helsinki, Vantaa, Finland - 297.7 kms (185 miles) W
- Helsinki, Finland - 316 kms (196.4 miles) W
- Tallin, Estonia - 325.9 kms (202.5 miles) W
- Tartu, Estonia - 289.5 kms (179.9 miles) SW
- Ainazi, Latvia - 412.7 kms (256.5 miles) WSW
- Pskov, Russia - 264.4 kms (164.3 miles) SSW