Saint Petersburg Climate & Temperature
- Saint Petersburg, Russia is at 59°58'N, 30°18'E, 6 m (20 ft). See map.
- Saint Petersburg has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Saint Petersburg is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The average temperature is 5 degrees Celsius (40.9 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 25.5 °C (45.9°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype subcontinental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -4°C (24.8°F) on average falling to -9.7°C (14.6°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 7.3°C (45.2°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -1.3°C (29.6°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 20.3°C (68.6°F) and average low temperatures are 12.7°C (54.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 7.7°C (45.8°F) during the day and lows of 3°C (37.4°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 632.7 mm (24.9 inches) which is equivalent to 632.7 Litres/m² (15.52 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1563 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Saint Petersburg you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Byrd, Antarctica where you would find a Ice Cap climate.
Saint Petersburg Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Saint Petersburg Climate Graph in Metric Units
Saint Petersburg Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Saint Petersburg, Russia Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Topic: Climate of Saint Petersburg, Russia
Page 1 of 1
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kuopio, Finland - 354.5 kms (220.3 miles) NNW
- Joensuu, Finland - 302.3 kms (187.9 miles) N
- Jyvskyl, Finland - 366.5 kms (227.7 miles) NW
- Tampere, Finland - 392.3 kms (243.8 miles) WNW
- Lappeenranta, Finland - 166.5 kms (103.5 miles) NW
- Jokioinen, Finland - 385.2 kms (239.3 miles) WNW
- Helsinki, Vantaa, Finland - 297.7 kms (185 miles) W
- Helsinki, Finland - 316 kms (196.4 miles) W
- Tallin, Estonia - 325.9 kms (202.5 miles) W
- Tartu, Estonia - 289.5 kms (179.9 miles) SW
- Ainazi, Latvia - 412.7 kms (256.5 miles) WSW
- Pskov, Russia - 264.4 kms (164.3 miles) SSW